Australian Fair Food Forum

DEMO Advice for operating farm-stays and BnB style accomodation on-farm

We operate a mixed livestock and cropping operation in Rutherglen, Vic. We have been thinking about starting a small farm-stay and BnB business on our property, as we have an empty cottage with Murray River frontage in a picturesque setting.

We are looking to get advice from other farmer’s who have ventured down this path, to learn from their experiences. Specifically…
What online marketing channels would you recomment? Wotif? Bookings.com?
What legal considerations and insurance is required?
What activities did are guests most interested in experiencing on a farm-stay?

If you have experience in hosting guests on your property we’d appreciate your help. Give me a call on 0405026369 or send me an email and johnandsarah@gmail.com

• This is a demonstration post, to illustrate the possible functionality of the ‘Get Advice’ category

Me and my wife host a farm stay in East Gippsland. I have sent you an email with some information on how our farm runs. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Good luck on your new journey!

**This is a demo post, to illustrate suggested use of the ‘get advice’ topic

For marketing check out BnBs.com. They have some great resources for people looking to get started.

1 Like

Thanks for the link Sally, that website it great! We’re also looking at running farm stays at our farm near Alice Springs.