A few updates from Australia’s Right to Food Coalition - please register for these events ASAP to ensure you don’t miss out.
Spring Feast Fundraiser - REGISTER HERE - places are strictly limited!
We have cooked up a very exciting fundraising event with two fantastic speakers - Paul West, celebrity chef and TV Host of “River Cottage Australia” and Erin Rhoads AKA “The Rouge Ginger” and author of “Waste Not”.
- Ticket includes: Local and seasonal spring feast dinner and glass of wine on arrival
- When: 6.30 - 9.30pm, Wednesday 7th November
- Venue: Donkey Wheelhouse (Kinfolk), 673 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
- Students: $65/person (only 10 student tickets available), Non-students: $80/person.
Masterclass - REGISTER HERE - tickets are FREE however places are strictly limited!
We are thrilled to present our second Masterclass for 2018 “A trip down memory lane: triumphs and challenges from past food security interventions in Victoria”. Join Dr Beverly Wood, Dr Meg Montague, Sharon Laurence and Kathleen van der Weerden for an opportunity to reflect and learn from our past.
- When: 2 - 5pm, Tuesday 9th October, 2018
- Venue: Room A225, William Angliss Institute, 555 La Trobe Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000 (near Southern Cross train station)
New Economy Network Australia (NENA) 2018 Conference
The Right to Food Coalition will be presenting on food insecurity in Australia alongside a member from the Council to Homeless Persons Peer Education and Support Program (PESP). NENA’s second annual conference “Strengthening the New Economy for the Common Good” invites people to come together to share and create transformative approaches to a fairer and ecologically sustainable economy and society. William Angliss Institute in Melbourne from 19-21 October. Tickets available here!
We look forward to seeing many of you over the next few weeks.
Sophie Jamieson, Rebecca Lindberg and Liza Barbour
Right to Food Coalition - Vic-Chapter Convenors