Unique opportunity to apply your tech skills and experience to transforming the Australian and global food systems
We’re currently looking for software developers and UX designers:
- Ruby on Rails … Spree, PostgreSQL
- AngularJS, Foundation
- UX /UI … mixed w front-end dev in Rails and/or Angular even better
- Wordpress / PHP / Magento
Our new team members will be working on:
- The Open Food Network (http://openfoodnetwork.org.au), ian online marketplace that connects local, sustainable farmers with ethical middlemen (co-ops, food hubs, community supported agriculture) and their communities. It is an open source project, and in addition to building/managing the code base and operating the Open Food Network in Australia, we partner with local organisations to run it around the world (UK, Canada, South Africa, Norway, France . . . etc).
- Food Connect in Brisbane: a social enterprise who ethically and transparently engage local farmers to supply ecological food that is in season and super fresh and pay them about four times the amount of the big food chains, so many more customer dollars go directly to the growers.
- Ceres Fair Food in Melbourne: an online organic grocer and carbon neutral food delivery service in Melbourne that is helping to create healthier, happier, and more secure local food systems. Because we source certified organic food from local farmers and artisans, shopping with us puts your groceries to good work, keeping our local economies strong, and ensuring we have access to affordable and sustainably grown food into the future.
We are excited to be pooling our resources to get the right people with the right skills and attitude to bring top technical solutions to the fair food movement, in Australia and globally.
We’ve got work in the pipeline and we need more hands on deck . .
OFN call for devs : UX 2016.pdf (76.3 KB)