There has been a number of producers, both currently certified, and non-certified that are interested in looking at options for 'certification' that enables them to communicate to their customers (directly), as well as be cost effective and legitimate.
I am opening this discussion - for anyone interested in contributing without prejudice to views of organic sector, but for producers to explore options that are relevant to their business.
Some of the issues include
- cost of certification (when levies are added to current certification)
- process of transfer from OGA to other program
- PGS process/development
- direct sales/risk to export market (as expressed by certifiers)
- appropriate certifier/entity that is interested in small producer program
Please add to this, and contribute any ideas that you think would be valuable?
It would be great if you can introduce yourself to the broader community here, and comment below about your interest in this area
There are a couple of different potential approaches to this, that may be of more or less interest to different people, so I've created separate threads for those discussions. See also
* PGS Accreditation
* Small Local 3rd Party Certification - Domestic Only